Tuesday 12 April 2011

Patiently Awaited For

It's a strange thing to patiently await something. When the time comes, the happenings almost feel surreal. We knew that the trip would come relatively quick but the last few days have gone by quicker than we could say "I do". Well, not quite, we did manage to save a precious moment for those everlasting words. After spending a meaningful weekend with our family, it is odd to think that in 19 hours we will be leaving on a journey of uncharted territory to us. Nothing like taking life changes by the horns. We are trying to go in without expectations but do anticipate a multitude of Kenyan experiences as we presently know only as stories that our family and friends have shared. We are going into this journey somewhat blind but with eyes yearning to be opened.

4 comments:

  1. Well it is about time there was a post I have been sitting at my computer for the last 48 hours waiting to read the inspiring words that flow out of world travel excitement. I would suggest that you keep writing because some of us are stuck over hear wishing we were over there. Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well goodbye and happy adventures you precious two...it was a sad moment for me as you turned the corner into the restricted area(I know you didn't see me because I strained to see you and just as I did, you turned left and then disappeared around the corner-my hand raised to catch your eye and then wave my goodbye AGAIN)
    That is sort of what our life will be now-you two seeing only each other and the great adventure before you.We are SO,SO happy for you and we welcome the pain of change that comes with letting you go into this new world that is yours to create. So really, we are okay.We will miss you-we will think of you alot while you are gone and we will live the Kenya adventure through your blog.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok well I see that I used the word "hear" instead of here, my apologies. I hope your ankles have not swollen too badly from all of the flying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were so happy to have you two at the airport Les and Kev. It meant a lot to us. Sorry we missed your last wave goodbye.

    Kyle, it was a tight squeeze into the Tom's but after a few hours the swollen foot/ankle syndrome wore off.

    ReplyDelete